Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Tuesday's Tip -Let's get positive!


So, I've had my nose stuck in my Kindle for the last few days and have downloaded a ton of free books. One of the books I downloaded is titled Stress proof your life (52 brilliant ideas) by Elizabeth Wilson. Though I have to say my life is rarely as stressful as some people's I figured this would be a good book to take a peek at. After all, who can't use a little stress-proofing now and then??
I thought it would be fun to do a weekly blog post about one of the "brilliant ideas" from Wilson's book. My goal is that each week I'll read a chapter and blog about it.

Chapter one- Let's get positive!
What a great way to start this book! Wilson asks the reader to look at stress in a different light. Some stress is good! It keeps you motivated and ready to take action. She also asks the reader to look at the things that are causing stress and think about what life would be like if you couldn't do them. Stressed because you have to take your kids to their weekly soccer games? Soon they'll be old enough to drive themselves and might not even want you there. Don't look at it as a chore but rather as something you GET to do. Obviously, not all stress can be erradicated with a simple attitude change but I think it's a great start!


"Nothing in your life will change unless you take action"

1 comment:

Leave a happy thought ;-)