Monday, August 1, 2011

Douglas Island Half Marathon

Last weekend I checked off another "must do" from my bucket list - Running a half-marathon. I have been running a lot this summer but haven't really followed any "training" techniques so I was a little worried about how I'd do on race day. I knew I could finish. Heck, if nothing else I could walk the 13 miles (I just walked a  full marathon a few months ago so this would be nothing!) but I really wanted to run it.
Luckily, I had two great running partners who kept me entertained, encouraged and motivated for the entire run.
Here are our before and after pictures ;-) I have to say, we look waaaayyy more excited afterwards!



Our time was 2 hours and 20 minutes and we still have smiles on our face. I'd say it was a success!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a happy thought ;-)