Friday, August 19, 2011

Spud and Spice Cake

I"ve been wanting to try this Spud and Spice cake recipe for a long time but NEVER have enough leftover mashed potatoes! We finally had a few left overs and I decided to give it a whirl for Wine Wednesday. The recipe calls for a cup of left over mashed potatoes and the rest is pretty much like a spice cake. After the spd and spice cake cools you're supposed to drizzle caramel over the top. I found an interesting caramel recipe on pinterest that I just had to try.
I wasn't sure how it was going to turn out but luckily, it was a success! Here's what you do.....
1. Fill your crock pot with water, turn in to low and drop a can of condensed milk in there.
2. Let it sit on low for 8 hours (rotate occassionally).
3. Let it cool and ENJOY!



Careful opening it! I had caramel all over my fridge and photos...


This is one recipe I will DEFINITELY make again!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a happy thought ;-)