Saturday, December 25, 2010

Merry Christmas *2010*

Merry Christmas! I hope everyone out there had a great Christmas! Ours was wonderful...... different from the Christmases that I'm used to but wonderful all the same.

It's a tradition in my husband's family that you celebrate Christmas on Christmas Eve. ("that way you can sleep in!!", says my father-in-law). I struggled with this for a few days but then remembered that it really doesn't matter WHEN you celebrate and it's all about the memories you make and the moments you share with the ones you love that count.

So, on Christmas Eve after a delicious dinner of breakfast for dinner we settled in and passed out our gifts. Gavin got a bunch of dishes for his new apartment and a few thrifted t's from Santa. Terry received coffee, licorice, sudoku puzzles and a new kindle (that he has to share with me!). I got a warm sweatshirt that has a ton of pockets which eliminates the need to carry a purse, some new tools for my jewelry making and Hall Anderson's new photo book (Hall has been the photographer at Ketchikan Daily News for the last 30 years and he just published a book that captures the history of Ketchikan perfectly-I highly recommend it!.). Adam was spoiled with a new gaming chair and headphones (thank goodness we no longer have to listen to the noisy machine gun sounds of Call of Duty!), books, coffee and some new clothes. Rosco got a few presents too but I'll let him tell you about those on his blog.


We all stayed up late playing with our new Christmas toys and were able to sleep in the next morning. After an early dinner of ham and sweet potatoe fries we settled in to watch a few Christmas movies (gotta love Elf and A Christmas Story) and relax. I took a Christmas evening walk with Rosco and the weather was perfect!
While I missed being with my family during Christmas it was nice to have the in-laws around to help us celebrate. I hope you all had the perfect Christmas this year. Love and miss you all! Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a happy thought ;-)