Sunday, December 5, 2010

Gallery Walk and the rest of the weekend....


I love, love, love Juneau's December gallery walk. It's the time of year where everyone in Juneau fills the downtown shops looking for Christmas presents, drinking hot cider and munching on Christmas cookies. Usually, I'm out there braving the weather with everyone else but this year I enjoyed Gallery Walk from the warm and cozy balcony of the Red Dog Saloon.

My friend crafty friend Tracy had the great idea of selling some of our handmade goods during Gallery Walk. Conveniently, she and her husband are part owners of the Red Dog so we were able to set up in the balcony and sell our crafts. We had so many friends and coworkers stop by to chat and check out our crafts. This was definitely the way to enjoy Gallery Walk, I think we'll do it again next year!


Saturday morning it was back to real life and I started bright and early by proctoring the SATs at the High School. We had another open house later in the afternoon and thank goodness for my loving hubby and his dad who spent the morning getting the house clean. We spent the rest of the day out at the school catching up on things that didn't get done during the week and planning for the two busy weeks ahead.
Our school is hosting a spaghetti feed next week for one of our former students who is battling with cancer. I'm in charge of the silent auction so I spent Saturday getting that piece ready. I've been amazed at how many local businesses have been willing to donate wonderful items to our fundraiser. Annie Kail's, Heritage Coffee, Alaska Zipline, Gastineau Guiding, The Nugget Alaskan Outfitter, Pavitt Health & Fitness and Curves were just a few of the many businesses in Juneau that made some amazing donations. We have such a giving community!
Sunday was spent RELAXING, catching up on my favorite blogs, watching movies in my pj's and trying to finish my book. Sometimes I wonder when it'll all slow down but then I realize how lucky I am to be able to do so many things that I truly enjoy . I hope you all had a great weekend...busy or slow I hope it was exactly the weekend you wanted.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a happy thought ;-)