Friday, October 29, 2010

Halloween Weekend F-U-N!

When Halloween falls on Sunday the celebration and fun starts on Friday! Here is a recap of our Fun Halloween Weekend!

*FRIDAY*
-Woke up and picked out a halloweenish outfit to wear to school. It was a great excuse to wear the yellow skirt I found at goodwill while on our road trip!

-Went to school and was bombarded by so many tasty Halloween goodies and treats from my work pals. My favorite was the "pumpkin poop" from one of our Special Education teachers...too cute!
-Went to Fall Festival at school and had a great time seeing all the kids dressed up! (unfortunately, I forgot my camera so there aren't any pictures of the cute costumes)

*SATURDAY*
-After a workout and thrifting date with Erin I endured the grocery store madness to pick up a spaghetti squash. I've been craving spaghetti squash and figured this would be the perfect weekend to make it.
-Baked some tasty spaghetti squash seeds that tasted a bit like almond roca. I altered the recipe from a few other recipes out there so here it is if you want to try it:


(Oh, by the way, I rarely measure things out so you'll just have to do your best)

A little bit of brown sugar

A tiny bit of olive oil
Some nutmeg, allspice and cinnamon
Mix it together in a bowl then add your clean seeds. Spread out on a pan with tinfoil and bake at 300 for 45 minutes. Enjoy!
-Bought some new fall colored beads and made these earrings (I can't wait to wear them this week!)

*SUNDAY*
-Enjoyed a LAZY Sunday.
-Had TWO trick-or-treaters and one lovely friend who dropped off some ghost cookies for us.

I hope everyone had a safe and fun Halloween weekend!

1 comment:

  1. look how cute you look in that pic!! and as noah said, you're a good pal. thanks for the jump saturday!!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Leave a happy thought ;-)