Monday, June 18, 2012

Juicing....Day 1


Adam and I have been talking about going on a juice diet for awhile now. We knew it would be difficult to do during the school year and figured summer vacation would be the perfect time to give this a try. I've decided to blog each day about the process and our experiences. 
My goal is to juice until Friday evening and then juice for breakfast and lunch and eat a regular meal for dinner. Adam's goal is to juice until Friday and then decide if he wants to continue. 

*Day 1*


I went to Costco this morning and loaded up on fruits and veggies. $175 later the fridge was full of oranges, grapefruit, spinach, apples, lemons, frozen fruit and lots of carrots. Adam and I both weighed ourselves so we'd have a starting weight. While I'm not going to post our weights I will let our readers know how much our weight changes each day.

Throughout the day we sipped on some pure carrot juice, a fruit smoothie made with pineapple coconut juice and munched on a few homemade frozen juice bars. Our main "dinner" juice included a mixture of carrots, lemons, apples and a cucumber. I thought it tasted pretty good with all the lemon in it but I think Adam had a tough time getting it down. Later that night I made up a banana smoothie so we could have something for "dessert".


 The research says that the first 3 days of juicing are the most difficult since the body is trying to adjust to the lack of solid food as well as expel toxins. Today wasn't too bad but I did notice that I had a difficult time focusing and concentrating (once again...so glad we're not doing this while we are working!). I also had a hard time getting to sleep and my legs were very restless.  

Adam was fine throughout the day but started feeling dizzy in the evening. I woke up to him throwing up in the middle of the night so hopefully he is experiencing the worst of it right at the beginning.

The hardest part for me today was remembering that I couldn't eat anything. I'm starting to realize how frequently I go to the fridge just because I'm bored. I found that it helped to do little chores around the house when I felt like munching on something. Maybe by Friday I'll have a super clean house!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a happy thought ;-)