Thursday, June 21, 2012

Juicing day 4



Adam and I have been talking about going on a juice diet for awhile now. We knew it would be difficult to do during the school year and figured summer vacation would be the perfect time to give this a try. I've decided to blog each day about the process and our experiences. 
My goal is to juice until Friday evening and then juice for breakfast and lunch and eat a regular meal for dinner. Adam's goal is to juice until Friday and then decide if he wants to continue. 

*Day 4*



Day four has been great! We are both feeling a lot healthier and have more energy. The mental fatigue is gone, the jeans are looser and we just feel better. Adam is down 1.8lbs from yesterday and my weight stayed the same. 

Today I messed around with a few different kinds of juice. This morning's juice included strawberries, a cucumber, 2 green apples and 2 red apples. The strawberries definitely added some nice flavor. I made a banana smoothie in the afternoon and this evening's juice consisted of spinach, carrots, a cucumber and 3 red apples.Our "dessert" smoothie was made with a frozen papaya, mango and pineapple fruit blend and lots of orange juice. It was delicious! 

Soup has been the one thing that has helped get me through the past few days. I get tired of cold, sweet drinks and crave warm and spicy. The thing that has gotten Adam through the last few nights of late night snacking has been homemade popsicles. 

Tomorrow is my last day on the juice diet and that has brought up a lot of discussion about our eating plan for the next couple of weeks. Adam has decided to juice until next Friday and I will continue to juice but will also include solid fruits and veggies. After that we will definitely be re-evaluating the way we eat food and will try to be more aware of what we put into our bodies. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a happy thought ;-)