Thursday, February 18, 2010

The 29 year old me...

Today was my birthday and what a fabulous day it was. I woke up to unusually warm weather and beautiful sunny skies (I found out later that these were ordered especially for me from cousin Heidi, thanks!!!)

It's so fun to work in an elementary school where birthdays are still exciting! All of the kids wished me a happy birthday and each class that came to my room today sang to me. My favorite was one student who was still stuck on Valentine's Day and sang "Happy Valentine's Day to you" before he realized he was singing the wrong song.

After work I grabbed the dog and met with Molly for a walk on Sandy beach. So nice to catch up and hear all about her mini-vacation. Later that night Adam and I grabbed a few groceries, a movie and some Chinese food and headed home for a quiet evening together.

I'm so lucky to have such great friends and family that know me so well! I recieved so many great presents this year.


Lots and lots of craft goodies! Some cute clothes and jewelry lots of green (my favorite!!!) and thumbholes!

Yummy hershey's mint truffle kisses!

An advertisement for my etsy shop!

A back massage!

Cashola!! (with which I ordered more cute clothes and some new tennis shoes)I've been curious about these new "shape-up" shoes for a while now. Apparently they tighten your core muscles and improve your posture. I've heard from a few different people that they've lost weight since owning them. Guess we'll find out soon!

1 comment:

Leave a happy thought ;-)