Sunday, January 3, 2010

time flies when you're having fun

It's hard to believe that our two week vacation is over already. Tomorrow we head back to work and face the little monsters. As much as I'd love to have more time off I'm grateful that I have a job that I love, co-workers who are my best friends and lots of time to play. It's really a pretty sweet gig I've got.
Over break I was able to spend time crafting and exploring my creative side. I made jewelry like crazy...until I was out of supplies.




I made my favorite Christmas present for our friends Mike & Erin. I love making these reindeer beer bottles. They're so much fun and so easy! A few of our friends were recipients of my newest project-bath scrubs! I made a pepermint-coffee scrub as well as a vanilla scrub. These are super easy to make as well!

My favorite project was making these handwarmers. I've been searching for new mittens/handwarmers forever! I've found a few cute ones on etsy but haven't been able to justify spending money on them when they look so easy to make. I had a little bit of yarn laying around so I decided to give it a try. I must say that I'm pretty happy with the results. The yellow ones are mine and the green one's I'll send to my brother's girlfriend for a late Christmas present.

We had some great weather over break...clear, cold and sunny so I took advantage of it with lots of walks with good friends and drives with the hubby.

We enjoyed plenty of holiday parties with friends.

Reconnected with old friends and family members over coffee.

Found some good thrift-store deals.

Did a lot of reading.

RELAXED!

It was a wonderful break. Now it's time to finish the laundry, pre-set the coffee pot and load the dishwasher. Back to reality-good thing my reality isn't too bad =)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a happy thought ;-)