Saturday, April 11, 2009

productive saturday

I woke up fairly early this morning and spent some time relaxing and reading my book for book club. After that I made reservations for Dude to go back to Ketchikan with dad. (For those of you who don't know, Dude is my dad's cat and has been staying with us for the winter). It's a little more complicated than just dropping the cat off at the front desk. Apparently, you have to call cargo and give them the kennel dimensions, name, phone number & address of the sender and receiver as well as the weight of the cat.
After that I did some more research on our Australia trip. Brisbane is our first stop and I wanted to figure out where we'd be staying while we're there. We have free tickets to the Australia Zoo (this is the zoo Steve Irwin's family started) so I needed to find a place close to some type of transportation that could get us there. After reading A LOT of reviews (apparently some hostels are pretty gross) I found one that seems to be a good fit for us- small, cheap and not too crazy. It's called Kookaburra Inn feel free to check it out if you want
( http://www.kookaburra-inn.com.au ).
The rest of the day was spent taking a drive, letting Rosco run around the University, shopping at Costco and Fred's (BAD idea to shop the day before Easter!!!) and doing a little cleaning around the house.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a happy thought ;-)