Sunday, November 4, 2012

November already.....Yikes!

Where is the time going? The school year is flying by and it's hard to believe we are already in November! Adam has been busy getting ready for parent-teacher conferences and will most likely spend each weekend out at the school until Thanksgiving break. My November calendar is filled with inservices and trainings including one that will be held in Las Vegas. :-) 

Last month was all about baby Harris but this month we will actually get to meet her! My Stephenie friend is due at the end of THIS month. Last night I was part of a small group of ladies that held a "baby blessing" for her. We each read a prayer that we had written for Stephenie and decorated cloth that will be turned into a prayer flag. The colored string represents the women that have come before us and the children that will come after us. It will stay on our wrists as a reminder to think positive thoughts for Stephenie until we cut the string as she goes into labor. 


Stephenie has asked me to take photos of the birth. I'm excited, honored, and (I'll be honest here..) just a little nervous to be part of such an intimate experience. I look forward to meeting baby girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a happy thought ;-)