Sunday, October 9, 2011

Holy Garbanzo Beans, Batman!!!

I am hopelessly addicted to pinterest and have been pinning up a storm lately. The problem with pinterest can be summed up by a quote I found on the website. "Thank you, Pinterest for making me feel creative and productive even though I just spent the last two hours sitting around on my computer." Yup, that just about says it all. There are so many great ideas on this webiste that it is easy to spend hours pinning pictures to your virtual pinboards.  Rather than just sitting around pinning all weekend I vowed that this would be the weekend I'd actually try something I pinned. 
I decided that I would try a cookie dough recipe that I found awhile back. I became interested in the recipe when I read that you could eat a whole bowl of this healthy cookie dough. Upon further investigation I discovered that the cookie dough was made out of garbanzo beans! No butter, no flour and very little sugar!!! It's delicious and everyone that tries it is shocked that it's made out of beans!
Pinned Image

Since I'd just stocked up on garbanzo beans and my food processor was already out I decided to make some hummus as well. I didn't have a specific recipe that I wanted to follow but here's what I did.
1 can of garbanzo beans
1/4 cup sun dried tomatoes
1 teaspoon of minced garlic
balsalmic vinegar (I didn't measure....add enough to soften the hummus and taste yummy)

I'll have to look up some more recipes for garbanzo beans. Fred's was having a 10 for $10 sale and I stocked up! Any ideas???

1 comment:

  1. Whoa nelly! I'm making the Genius Blondies right now (from the same website) and the you would NEVER know they're made with chickpeas. Great find lady!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a happy thought ;-)