Thursday, November 24, 2011

Turkey Day: new traditions and things to be thankful about!!!

One of my favorite holidays is Thanksgiving...I like it because it's fairly simple in terms of holidays-no gifts or week long preparations- and yet it brings everyone together to eat, relax and enjoy one another's company.

At our house we keep it simple. In college Adam and I were too poor to buy a turkey and go all out on the other dishes so we'd make a huge pot of fettuccine alfredo and breadsticks and invite our friends over to help us eat. It was simple, fun and it brought us all together for the day.

This year there is a turkey roast breast in the oven, pumpkin pie ingredients waiting to be thrown together, potatoes and sweet potatoes sitting on the counter and cranberries in the fridge. We will enjoy the meal, one another's company and have a day to celebrate all the things we have to be thankful for.
Today (and EVERYDAY as Adam politely reminds me....) we are thankful for:

Our family
Our friends
Our health
Our jobs
Our pets
Our home
and many many many other things!!!

Last night our Wine Wednesday group took a field trip to the ice rink for Turkey Bowl Disco Skate...Here's a little clip of my attempt. Before you watch it I have to say...I'm not a good skater, I haven't skated in years, I was the FIRST one to go and the guy knocked me down when he was trying to give me the turkey!!! Enjoy ;-)


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a happy thought ;-)