Sunday, December 28, 2008

Christmas Trip

Yay! We're home! What a great trip we had! Here's a run down on what we did!

Monday:
Headed to the airport early in the morning. All flights out of Seattle had been cancelled the previous day. We weren't sure if we'd even get to Colorado. Luckily, everything went PERFECT. We flew right in and had zero problems. There were people at the airport that had been waiting for 2 days to get out.

Tuesday:
Last time I was in Colorado my sister took me to Boulder for the day. I absolutely loved the little town and wanted to take Adam there. So, on Tuesday we headed out to Boulder where we ate lunch at the Kitchen and did a little shopping at some of the boutique stores. Adam took one of my nieces to the toy store and couldn't resist buying her a HUGE tiger stuffed animal. Of course they couldn't come home without something for my other niece so they got her a big penguine. They got a lot of looks as they walked down the street with oversized animals.
Tuesday night my cousin, Jessica, came to have dinner with us. I haven't seen her since our wedding so it was great to have her visit! Marty made a wonderful dinner and we showed Jess a few videos of our Chilkoot trip.

Wednesday:
Wednesday we finished up some of our shopping. The malls were pretty busy but the stores themselves weren't too bad. We had lunch at this burger place that was so good! You could build your own burgers and the sweet potatoe fries were awesome!
Later that afternoon Adam and I took a walk around the neighborhood. It was nice to see some sunshine!

Thursday:
CHRISTMAS!!! We woke up and opened presents. Adam got a new grind & brew coffee pot and a TON of coffee (hmmm, my family knows him well) and I got a new camping pad. The nieces got a new wii and a bunch of games but weren't able to play it because we loaded up the car and headed for their condo in the mountains. It was a fun Christmas and the weather was beautiful!

Friday:
We spent the night at the condo then headed to the ski resort in the morning. I don't ski so my sister set up a snowshoeing tour for her, my mom and me. We took a lift (my first time on a lift!!) up to the top and headed down on our snowshoes with our guide, Forrest and 6 other people. My mom and sister had never snowshoed before and they seemed to really enjoy it. I had a great time. The snow was awesome!
That evening we drove back home and ordered pizza and packed. It was hard to believe that our trip was almost over!!!

Saturday:
We woke up early and headed for the airport. We made it to Seattle without any problems. There was talk in Seattle about not being able to land in Juneau because of low visibility. Luckily, we managed to land just fine. We had a great Christmas trip with the family! It was so fun seeing the girls and my sister and parents but it was nice to be home to our Rosco

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a happy thought ;-)