Saturday, September 6, 2008

I have 80HD

Working with kids is always entertaining. I ended my week with a 2nd grader writing me a note saying "Dear Mrs. Berkey, The one thing I want you to know about me is that I have 80HD". Now, I have gotten pretty good at understanding "kid spelling" and reading words that are spelled like they sound. However, I COULD NOT figure this one out. Finally I had to ask him. "You have what??" "ADHD!!!" he replied! Oh, right 80HD....ADHD....makes so much sense now.
We survived the first week of school. It was only a 4 day work week and we were all exhausted by Friday. We invited some friends over for dinner on Friday night in order to celebrate 1) being finished with our house project and 2) surviving the first week of school. It was nice being able to catch up with everyone and enjoying some good food and company.
Today we find ourselves back at the school. Adam has lots of planning to do in order to make it through the week and I have a few things that I need to do that I wasn't able to do during the week. Hopefully we'll only be putting in a few hours then will be able to enjoy the rest of our weekend. The sun is peeking through the clouds right now so hopefully it'll last for the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a happy thought ;-)