Thursday, May 31, 2012

Haines weekend trip!

Over Memorial Day weekend I headed up to Haines for their 20th annual Brewfest. I went with a group of friends from work and we had a relaxing and fun weekend. We enjoyed good food, great company and lots of outside adventures. 

Saturday was a little rainy but no one let it spoil their good time. A lot of people took their bikes on the ferry and rode into Haines. We had a car so we didn't have to do that but we still donned the rain gear for the trek down to the fairgrounds. 


We intended to camp in a friend's back yard but the rain brought us inside for a living room slumber party. 

The sun came out on Sunday so after a delicious breakfast we headed back to the fairgrounds to try out the disc golf course. 



 It was my first time disc golfing and I wasn't very good but I had fun. :-) 





It was a lot of fun being able to escape Juneau for the weekend and ferry over to Haines. It was just what I needed to make it through the last week of school!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a happy thought ;-)