Sunday, March 4, 2012

Birthday retreat

This year I chose to celebrate my birthday out at the Shrine of St. Therese. I had an overnighter with about 12 of my wonderful lady friends. The Shrine is naturally a peaceful place with no cell phone or internet service so we were "forced" to leave the worries of our daily life behind for a night.
Two of my friends took over the planning so I could simply come out and enjoy myself. They had a ton of fun "sleep over" activities planned including making our own pizzas, painting each others nails, playing games and looking through trashy magazines.  My favorite (and most meaningful) activity was decorating wine glasses. They brought out wine glasses and paint and everyone decorated a glass for me. I now have enough wine glasses to last a lifetime (unless Stephenie gets her hands on them ;-) ) and each one reminds me of the amazing girlfriends who are a part of my life.  What a wonderful way to celebrate another year of LIFE!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a happy thought ;-)