Sunday, December 25, 2011

Happy holidays!


Christmas comes early at our house and it's a tradition I think I'm finally beginning to get used to. My husband's family has always opened presents on Christmas Eve and it's a tradition that has taken me a while to be ok with. I think I've finally learned not only to accept this tradition but to (dare I say it??!!!) enjoy it!
Our Christmas Eve was wonderful this year. Adam and I did a little last minute shopping, I dropped off a few gifts to some friends, Bob and Molly came over for the evening with tons of snacks and I got to watch my favorite Christmas movie of all time (A Christmas Story). After that we settled in and began opening our gifts. This was the first Christmas that Adam's brother has been here and it was way more fun to celebrate with the 3 boys rather than just Adam and I.
We were spoiled with so many great gifts from our friends and family. I got a new camera, lots of yummy candles, beautiful jewelry, lots of warm socks, gorgeous handstitched tea towels from my grandma and lots of other great goodies. Adam got a new PS3, a toolbelt, a coffee basket, lots of coffee, a new coffee mug (yes, the hubby loves coffee!) a travel case for his tablet and plenty more.
Christmas Day will be spent writing Thank You cards, reading, relaxing, and just enjoying each other's company. I had big hopes of going snowshoeing with Rosco today but the weather has been very un-Alaskan lately and all our snow has sadly melted away.
We hope that our friends and family had a great holiday season with their loved ones!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a happy thought ;-)