Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Catching up...Friday-Tuesday

It was a busy and emotional weekend and I feel as though I'm running to catch up with everything.

Friday morning one of my students and her mom came in to my office to tell me some truely horrific news. It's the kind of stuff that breaks your heart and makes you feel helpless despite how much you want to fix things.

Friday night ended with a bonfire, good friends and live music. I love the people that surround me.
Saturday morning Stephie and I ran a 5K out at Lena Loop. The weather was beautiful and I felt great on the run. My time was exactly 30 minutes so I was pretty excited. I haven't done many 5Ks in my life (um, 5 or 6 maybe??) but this was definitely the fastest I've ran and the best I've felt.
 Saturday night we went to the staff retirement party. It was a great night and we were all able to relax and enjoy ourselves. The food was amazing and one of the retirees even provided fresh salmon for everyone (delish!).


Sunday was spent out at Auke Rec celebrating the short life of S & K's sweet baby. I was asked to photograph the event and that was such a special honor. I know S & K will never forget their beautiful daughter and I hope that the pictures help baby G live on in her parent's memories for ever and ever. This was honestly the most amazing memorial service I've ever attended.
Monday was beautiful and the work day flew by. I took most of my classes outside to soak in the sunshine. Who else has a job where they can sit in the sun all day? I spent the evening playing with Erin's crazy little monkeys while mom and dad were at the hospital. The news they heard after surgery was good and we are all excited about some happy news.

Now my desk is messy....work is crazy....but life is good....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a happy thought ;-)