Saturday, November 14, 2009

Crazy weather these days!

The weather here has been nuts! Our first snow fell this week...followed by an insane slush storm...then a wind and rain storm which caused mudslides, falling trees and power outages all over Juneau.
I was up early this morning ready to head downtown and proctor tests for the highschoolers. However, with the power out the testing was rescheduled and I headed back home. I was awake and ready to have a productive and relaxing Saturday morning.
I needed to...
Post grades
Do laundry
Vacuum
Do dishes
Go grocery shopping

I wanted to...
Read a book
Watch a movie
Blog
Peruse Facebook

I realized that all of these things needed electricity (yes, even reading the book since it was SO dark in here!!) so I decided to crawl back in bed and snuggle with the hubby and dog. We fell asleep listening to the wind howl and were grateful for our nice warm bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a happy thought ;-)