Saturday, May 30, 2009

Girls on the Run is so much F-U-N!!!







Last year I was approached by a friend of a friend who was trying to start Alaska's first chapter of Girls on the Run. She was looking for a coach at one of the elementary schools. It sounded fun and exciting and it was a free trip to North Carolina for the training so I said "YES!" even though I wasn't really sure of what I was agreeing to!
Girls on the Run is a prevention program that teaches girls be healthy both physically and emotionally. In the last year Juneau's program has expanded to include 4 schools and schools around Southeast. It's been such a great experience for me as the coach and I think the girls enjoyed themselves too!
Today was our 5K and it was amazing! There was face painting, silly hair, balloon animals and of course RUNNING! All the girls finished and had a lot of fun along the way!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a happy thought ;-)